Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Tantalizing Tuesday Teaser #11: Smashed Dreams

It is time for another Tantalizing Tuesday Teaser! Tantalizing Tuesdays are when several writers get together and write a 200 word teaser on pictures of our choosing. After reading my little contribution, click the links at the bottom to read other great teasers! Happy Hopping! 




Paige got up from her nap on her mattress on the floor. She walked to her dresser, pulled open the top drawer, and grabbed a pair of fishnet stockings and purple string thong underwear. Next, she opened the drawer below and pulled out her purple, leopard print strapless bra. The next item for her wardrobe was a bright blue miniskirt that barely covered her bottom. Regretfully, she slumped to her very small, less than glamorous bathroom to take a shower.

Paige had gone to Hollywood in hopes of becoming a famous actress about a year ago. Her dreams were shattered when she got numerous rejections. With no way to pay bills or rent a home, she became desperate and took on the job so many failed actresses before her had taken. As she climbed out of the shower and began to dress she thought, Another night in hell. I hope I live through it. A tear began to slide down her cheek. She hated what she had become but she had to make a living somehow. Maybe someday her dreams would come true.

She took one last glance in the mirror before heading out to her place on Hollywood Blvd.

Click on the links to enjoy these other great teasers and don't forget to comment! 

Molly Synthia:  http://mollysynthia.com
Paloma Beck: http://romancebeckons.blogspot.com


12 comments:

  1. Beautifully written yet very heartbreaking tale

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Julez. I was actually thinking of a comedy I watched and it was brought up about aspiring actresses becoming whores and I thought how sad that reality is.

      Delete
  2. Such a hard reality for aspiring actresses in Hollywood and New York. Your writing wrenched my heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed, Pablo. I am glad my teaser had such an affect on you. It is a heart wrenching reality. The film and music industry can be so cruel.

      Delete
  3. Oh no. So deeply felt this little tease. I really felt her pain. Fab descriptions. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, J.P.! I'm so glad you felt it! :D

      Delete
  4. Wow, so deep, powerful in emotions. My heart aches for her. I hope one day her dreams do come true. If anything that someone rescues her from this path. Amazing teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear god, I could imagine the pain she went through on this. I would never judge, nor wish that on my worst enemy. I've seen many people with that feeling of no hope, but people have to survive, and I would never judge. Great post, and it was emotional to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ray! I was definitely going for deep emotion here. I'm so glad you got it! :D

      Delete
  6. Leann, that was a heart-wrenching moment in time that women for eons have tried, some in vane, to avoid. I thought I was watching her beaten spirit getting ready. Beautifully written:) xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Poor Paige. It reminds me of Mulholland Drive - Naomi Watts' two characters, the ingenue full of hopes and dreams and the disenchanted woman ground down by the Hollywood mill. A telling tale - tragic and sadly believable.

    ReplyDelete